Pampering your hair with hair spa treatment is a great way to promote hair growth as well as solve various hair and scalp problems. However, lots of people are not particularly interested to do so because of the price. Aside from price issue, some people don’t really have time to go to hair salon. However, you can try do-it-yourself hair spa treatment. DIY treatment is not as complicated as it sounds. It is easy to do and the result is not that different from getting hair spa treatment at hair salon.
Steps of DIY hair spa treatment
- Prepare essential oils that you prefer. Choose oils that suit your scalp and hair condition. Most recommended oils include coconut oils, olive oils, and almond oils. Those are good for your hair and scalp and help promote hair growth.
- Massage your scalp and hair with essential oils. Apply enough amount of oils thoroughly. It is highly suggested to give your scalp gentle massage and avoid scratching. This process can last to 15 to 20 minutes. This massage can also help you relax.
- Dip towel into warm water then remove excess water. Then, wrap the towel around your hair and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes. This process is important to let the nourishment from essential oils to penetrate your hair follicles as well as pores.
- Rinse your hair with mild shampoo thoroughly until all oils are removed.
- Prepare a hair mask. You can buy ready-to-use hair mask or make it yourself from natural ingredients you can find at home such as avocado, Aloe Vera, egg white, lemon juice, etc. Choose ingredients following your hair or scalp condition.
- Apply hair mask thoroughly until everything is covered. Gently massage your hair while applying hair mask mixture. Leave your hair be for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with mild shampoo. Then apply conditioner to moisturize your hair. Remember that it is important to use mild shampoo and not heavy chemical ones when you get a hair spa treatment.
It is highly recommended to not wash your hair about four or six days after hair spa . You can also read https://purehairsalonspa.net/how-frequent-you-should-do-a-hair-spa/ . You can get hair spa treatment once or twice a month, depending on your hair condition. If you spend the majority of your time outdoor, you can pamper your hair with hair spa treatment twice a month. It helps to remove pollution and dirt from your hair as well as rejuvenate your hair.